Three two-story homes along this portion of Jefferson Avenue were built circa 1901-1902 for the Alger-Sullivan executives. The first house (seen here) was the home of Mr. Glover, in charge of the construction of the mill and later mill superintendent. His daughter, "Miss Irene," married druggist Andrew ("Doc") Whigham and lived here until her death.
The next house was the home of J.H. Jones, whose title from 1909 until he retired was Land Agent. The Historical Park was named for Jones.
This page last modified on Sunday, August 14, 2011